Spring Checklist – Inside Your Home
Spring means a fresh start. Getting motivated to do a thorough cleaning and tackle some simple home maintenance jobs will protect the comfort and value of your home:
- Try your air conditioning system. Scheduling maintenance with your A/C Contractor before it gets hot helps avoid delays.
- Inspect and replace your HVAC filter (I recommend you do this monthly).
- Check and clean the hose dryer vent and stove hood.
- Vacuum the coils of your refrigerator. Your Refrigerator will run more efficiently with clean coils.
- Make sure you have a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible.
- Check all smoke doctors and CO2 detectors; replace batteries as needed.
- Inspect bathroom and kitchen caulk – replace as needed.
- Visually inspect the attic for leaks.
- Test GFCI outlets.
- Test sump pump.
For more advice on spring maintenance or any other concerns about your home call me.